Importance of E-Commerce and online shopping
Many people around the world prefer to shop online and buy products from several brands and companies that they cannot find or are not available for purchase in their home countries. Nowadays, and with the help of the new technology and the support of the internet, people from all around the world started to purchase items online by simply sitting in their homes. Purchasing items and products through the Web is a very easy task to do. It is now playing a very important role in everybody’s life especially elderly people, as well as people with a very busy life schedule. It provides a very comfortable service for its customers, by being able to save the item in the personal shopping bag, and buy it later on. Shopping through the Web simply works for people with a valid credit card, a debit card or an internet bank account.
Online shopping can save time for both the buyer and retailer, reducing phone calls about availability, specifications, hours of operation or other information easily found on company and product pages.
There are a lot of reasons why customers today prefer shopping online:
- Convenience. The convenience is the biggest perk. Where else can you comfortably shop at midnight while in your pajamas? There are no lines to wait in or shop assistants to wait on to help you with your purchases, and you can do your shopping in minutes. Online shops give us the opportunity to shop 24/7, and also reward us with a ‘no pollution’ shopping experience. There is no better place to buy informational products like e-books, which are available to you instantly, as soon as the payment goes through. Downloadable items purchased online eliminate the need for any kind of material goods at all, as well, which helps the environment!
- You can send gifts more easily. Sending gifts to relatives and friends is easy, no matter where they are. Now, there is no need to make distance an excuse for not sending a gift on occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and so forth.
- Price comparisons. Comparing and researching products and their prices is so much easier online. Also, we have the ability to share information and reviews with other shoppers who have firsthand experience with a product or retailer.
- No crowds. If you are like me, you hate crowds when you’re shopping. Especially during festivals or special events, they can be such a huge headache. Also, it tends to be more chaotic when there are more crowds out and this sometimes makes us feel rush or hurried. Grumpy, annoying, and smelly people also annoy me when I’m out shopping. Plus, parking becomes a huge issue. All of these problems can be avoided when you shop online.
- No need to travel. People don't usually like to move a lot to get what they want. Of course, nothing can compete with experience of going to a cloth boutique and buying what you want, but normally people just don't want to travel. Customers don't usually leave near the shops they would want to visit, but today they have an option to visit the shop online.
An ecommerce system provides real time data and analytics about your products and your customers. You can see how people interact with the site, what products interest them, what they left in their cart and how much the average purchase was. Valuable metrics that allow you to make adjustments to meet your customer’s needs.