what is meant by the term "data-collection instrument."
- Accurate and systematic data collection is critical to conducting scientific research
- . Data collection allows us to collect information that we want to collect about our study objects.
- Depending on research type, methods of data collection include: documents review, observation, questioning, measuring, or a combination of different methods.
- It can be defined as the means (physical or nonphysical) of producing quantitative or qualitative data to be analyzed and interpreted. This process requires some kind of validation evidence that the data is sufficiently related to the construct of interest.
- The data must be analyzed and interpreted, and the resulting interpretation then requires validation evidence.