social mediaSocial media is websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.We see social media being used to actually reinforce traditional groups, such as family, castes, and tribes, and to repair the ruptures created by migration and mobility.
Benefits of social media
- Social media brings all the social media users at one plat form which helps to socialize with anybody,anywhere in the world. It’s now an online “home.” For some people living away from their family, it can become the main place they live, where they spend most of their time.
- Social media provides valuable information/education to anybody ,anywhere in the world cheaply.
- Now a photo, or emoji, can become the core of our conversation.This benefits people who are not confident in their communication skills, as we can now simply communicate with pictures and images.
- You can promote your business to the largest audience. The whole world is open for you, and can promote to them. This makes the businesses profitable and less expensive, because most of the expenses made over a business are for advertising and promotion. This can be decreased by constantly and regularly involving on the social media to connect with the right audience.
Cons of social media
- Bullying and harassing people is one of the biggest disadvantage of social media .This has caused people with their life
- Social media have been a huge catalysts to education as students spend more time and attention on platforms like facebook, snapchat and instagram.
- Many people who regularly use platforms like Facebook or Twitter report high levels of stress.Which can cause symptoms of depression and anxiety.