Introduction about Pixlr
Pixlr is a fast and simple online photo editing tool with enough features to make it a good choice for low to medium level photo editing. You can create a new image using Pixlr, upload an image, or take a picture directly from the URL. It's compatible with a variety of computers. Probably the best of all, it's free.
features and function
MAKE QUICK IMAGE ADJUSTMENTS
You can crop, resize, cut out or remove background easily, and even add your own text or customize a text template from the text tool to use.
DRAW ANYTHING ON YOUR PHOTOS
You can draw, doodle or scribble on it using this online photo editor’s versatile drawing tool.
RETOUCH YOUR PHOTOS EASILY
Fix blemish, remove stains, duplicate parts of your photo, or make unwanted objects (even people) disappear from your photos, without hassles.
FILTERS THAT MAKE PHOTOS LOOK THEIR BEST
Flip your photos to the top with popular filters added from Pixlr Express to achieve the image effects you want. You will be spoiled for choice by many newly added effects such as mosaics, dice, clarity, and magic, among others.
ELEMENTS FOR ENHANCED PHOTO EDITING EXPERIENCE
You’ll find overlays, borders and shapes or icons that are popular with Pixlr Express users, and other new additions to create masterpieces with this online photo editor.
Ways to Use the Pixlr Tool in Our Classroom
1. Edit photos for presentations and publications.
2. Have students edit photos for presentations and publications.
3. Have students create personalized avatars for web environments.
4. Teach tone and mood in visual literacy by having students try changing the color and mood of images. Have students tell a story in photos that were edited in Pixlr.
5. Discuss the power of the media in revising history by manipulating images and ask students to manipulate images to change their meaning. Create motivational posters with Pixlr.
6. Create story and in-class writing prompt using Pixlr.
7. Have students create vocabulary flashcards using Pixlr.
8. Have students participate in a weekly photo challenge using Pixlr.