Cyber bullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps.
Types of cyber bullying.
Just like how traditional bullying exists in many different types such as verbal abuse and physical violence. Here is some:
1. Harassment: it involves the sending offensive and malicious messages to individual or group.
2. Laming: this is similar to harassment, but it refers to an online fight exchanged via emails.
3. Exclusion: is the act of intentionally singling out and leaving a person out from an online group such as chat and sites.
4. Outing: outing is when a bully shares personal and private information, pictures about someone publicly.
5. Masquerading: is a situation where a bully creates a fake identity to harass someone anonymously.
Some examples of cyber bullying
1. Threats using SMS, WhatsApp or any other messenger services
2. Using social media to create a negative image of the bullied
3. Creating stress on bullied, using images/text sent via emails
4. Making fun of a certain person on social media and in forums
5. Creating and using fake profiles to embarrass the bullied
Effects of Cyber bullying
1. Child looking pensive most of the times
2. Lack of socializing
3. Afraid of phones
4. Drop in grades
5. Losing interests in things that he or she was passionate once
6. Lack of sleep
7. Fright visible on the victim’s face
8. Loss of self-esteem.