Changes in people’s occupations due to technological development
We often see many things and process around us that are once done manually are getting replaced by technology. Now, The day doesn’t seem far when Artificial Intelligence will produce robots which can completely take over humans and in this scenario, it is defiantly a matter of concern that what will be the impact of technology in the workplace.
Impact of Technology on Employment & Unemployment
Technology change has undoubtedly impacted the amount, way and situations in all workplaces. For those who were curious to know how technology is destroying jobs? Need to consider the fact that technology has simultaneously created new jobs for people who were keeping up the pace with it. But many people today, believe that the impact of technology on destroying jobs is more prominent than creating them.
The Impact of Technology on Employment
- Creating skilled jobs: Technology is creating a job for skilled workers that can empower themselves according to the complex world.
- Easy communication: Once used telephone and fax are now replacing tablet and laptops for communication purpose in the workplace
- Improve performance and accuracy: Technology makes work process computerized which can reduce risk and error while improving performance.
- Increased salaries: An increase in demand for skilled workers of higher wages has boosted high paying jobs in industries.
- More production creates more jobs: We often assume that with productivity job decreases but, the truth is highly productive companies offers more job and pay a better.
- Increase work profile: When we draw a relation between technology vs unemployment. Technology has generated various new work profile in software, IT and AI field for experts
For those who are still unsure about, will technology replace jobs? Initially, the start of the industrial revolution was assumed as Negative Impact of technology on Unemployment that has swapped away the job of labor but, now advancement of electronics and robotics are set to bring the same technological change that is destroying jobs for unskilled labors and at the same time increasing the demand for skilled workers and expertise.