- Every student can learn.
- Individual students learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Every student has inherent worth and deserves respect.
- A positive, safe and caring environment which promotes the physical and mental well-being of staff and students is necessary for learning.
- Staff has a critical role in enhancing student development.
- Building character and nurturing the heart are as important as educating the mind.
- Excellent education is an essential value of our democracy.
- Creativity is crucial to the learning process.
- Meaningful learning is interactive and related to life experiences.
- Educational progress requires innovation, risk-taking and the ability to change.
- Continuous improvement is essential.
- Teaching and practicing critical thinking and inquiry are central to learning.
- Excellence in education requires a commitment of sufficient public resources.
- Understanding cultures prepares students for our global society.
- Our community values education.
- Diversity in all its forms enhances education.
- Education incorporates the teaching of fundamental ethical values: integrity, compassion, courage, commitment, respect, self discipline, and responsibility.
- A well-balanced education includes participation in extracurricular and community activities.
- Access to information, and open and timely communication, contributes to a healthy school/community partnership.